ABOUT THE FIVE LAMPS ARTS
What is the five lamps festival?
WE ARE A GROUP OF ENERGETIC ART AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ENTHUSIASTS WHO CREATE AN ARTS FESTIVAL IN THE AREA OF THE FIVE LAMPS, DUBLIN 1 EVERY YEAR.
The Five Lamps Arts is a hub for arts and community development in the North East Inner City.
Róisín believed then, as she does now, that it should be possible for all citizens, regardless of socio-economic status, to access the arts and so she set about making the arts more accessible for the population in the area. Since then the festival has gone from strength to strength.
In the thirteen years since, the festival has grown to become a highly regarded and much-loved part of the community, and a key feature of the Dublin Cultural Calendar. Each year the festival runs a packed schedule of events of a high artistic standard for large crowds over the course of five to seven days. In 2019, 67 events, featuring over 200 performers, supported by 40 volunteers were hosted across the North East Inner City. The programme attracted over 5,000 guests.
The festival always relied on volunteers and most of its history is made by them.
The logo had several different layouts until 2017 when Marcela Parducci came to the festival and spotted the need of creating a strong Brand awareness.
Our mission is simple…
- To promote local artists, producers and venues.
- To develop local ownership of the festival by encouraging the involvement of individuals, groups, communities and businesses in aspects of its planning, presentation and evaluation.
- To work in partnership with key organizations at local, regional, national and international level to develop specific areas of the programme and explore the potential for collaboration and co-commissioning.
- To assist audiences who come to the Five Lamps by helping them to navigate what’s on offer with comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date information and ticketing.
- To promote this wonderful and unique festival within the community, and to the rest of Dublin and Ireland.